Sunday, August 30, 2015

A few pictures while I wait in the Airport

I am currently waiting in the LAX airport on my way back to Cupertino so I figured I'd share a few pictures from the second half of our trip.

Gzira harbor as I walked to help Api and Chris test the AUV from the shore Thursday morning.

Chris and Api working on ballasting the AUV in the Sliema harbor.

Ian and Api taking pictures of the beautiful view from the walls of Mdina on our cultural trip Thursday night.

The whole group in Mdina, a beautiful city with a rich history.  

 The AUV Friday morning as we waited to board the Russian vessel.

The view from Valletta's Saluting Battery on our last night in Malta.

The group minus Zoë in Valletta.

View from the Valletta to Silema ferry.

Ian and I headed home early Sunday morning. 

I am working on creating a mesh from the Russian boat’s sonar data using point cloud library, an open source tool, while Ian processes the video data and uses photogrammetry to create 3D models. We will post our results soon!


I had an amazing time in Malta and learned so much. We did not collect as much of our own shipwreck data as we would have liked to but we learned tons of information that will be valuable for future ICEX trips. I would have loved to stay longer but am excited to be back to my friends and family. Thank you to Zoë, Chris, Timmy, the Finnish divers, the Russian sailors, and everyone else who made this trip possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment